Thursday, August 19, 2010

Live to Pop Another Day

I didn't bring samples for forage... I was having serious doubts about the product and whether I was really ready to put my name behind them. I'm a lot closer to where I want to be for the next month's market, and I'll certainly be doing recon on Sept 11 at SomArts to better gauge where I need my packaging and presentation to be. Thanks so much to everyone for the support and encouragement, I just didn't feel ready. Now that I have some flavors I think are working really well, I can focus on packaging... let me know if you've got ideas that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg and might actually be cool to look at.

So it's been a tough week in Popstand land -- I made these creamy dreamy cherry-yogurt-honey pops (thanks Kari!) and forgot to put the sticks in! D'oh. I also made some adorable cookies and cream pops with teddy grahams. They are tasty, but the teddies didn't get mushed completely, so you can still identify their little limbs and heads. Delicious AND menacing -- didn't think I could get those two words to describe a pop.

Linkage:
Obsessed with Rocket Pops Well who isn't?? Thanks to Kate for the link.
DIY molds and sticks I've been thinking about Dixie cups for awhile now, but I never thought they could look so gourmet! I also love the idea of plugging the cones with gumdrops.
Push pops Yes please. I also like how she calls one of her kids "Littleness."

1 comment:

  1. What kind of flavors you rocking honey? I assume you have already tried a variety of Mojito flavors? Anything unusual like spicy ones or savory ones?

    Miss you, and love you like sweaty kids love pops.

    -DLP

    ReplyDelete